The Gewellyn Chronicles

The award-winning epic Christian fantasy series about the family that will carry the Truth to the Nine Worlds, and unite Eyru's Lands forever.

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Trinity of the Truthbearer: Menta Kai Meets Her Princess Lona

(Author's Note: Every so often I find a picture on Pinterest that perfectly represents something.) in my stories. This is one of those pictures.)

When Menta Kai met Lona:
As his son was bringing their horses from the stables, Cadel approached Iolena and Menta Kai and bowed. “Your Highnesses, my daughters were wondering if they could visit with you for a few minutes before you depart.” The innkeeper looked hopeful.

“Of course, Cadel,” Iolena replied. “We would love to see them.” Mind-speaking to Menta Kai, she added, “Follow my lead, Melin er.” Her daughter nodded. Gwynlyn brought the three girls out, and Iolena greeted each of them by name and introduced them each to Menta Kai individually. Glynis and Sinead both performed proper curtseys, but Lona, the youngest just stood and stared at Menta Kai.

“Lona, what did we tell you about talking to the Great High Queen?” Her mother reminded her. The little girl smiled shyly, and then blurted out, “You are the prettiest elf I have ever seen in my whole life!”


Menta Kai squatted down in front of the little girl. “I don’t know if that was what your mother wanted you to say, but thank you very much, Lona.” She took the girl’s hand in hers. “You’re very pretty, too.” The girl smiled and then wrapped her arms around Menta Kai’s neck. “I love you, Lady Queen!” Menta Kai gathered the little girl in her arms and stood up holding her. She kissed Lona on the cheek, and whispered to the child, “Thank you, Lona. I love you too.” She sniffed back a tear.


“Will you come and see me again?” Lona asked.


“You can count on it, Lona Brice.” Menta Kai smiled. “You and I are Best Friends Forever."
(Picture credit Pinterest)