The Gewellyn Chronicles

The award-winning epic Christian fantasy series about the family that will carry the Truth to the Nine Worlds, and unite Eyru's Lands forever.

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Amazing Green Eyes: When Connor Met Iolena

The first thing I remember of this new life I am now leading is waking up and looking into the most amazing pair of green eyes I have ever seen. “Are you alright?” the woman with the green eyes asked me.
“That depends,” I replied. “Where am I?”
“The Juncture, of course,” she replied as if it was the silliest question she had heard that day.
“The juncture of what?” 
She looked at me curiously, and replied, “Of what?”
“That’s what I’m asking,” I said.
“You are at the Juncture. The Juncture of the Nine Worlds, the one place in the universe where you can pass from world to world without going through a portal.” She paused, gauging my reaction, “or having to deal with a Sentinel. It serves as an oasis, I think is the word, for those who can travel between the worlds.”
“Ahh,” I said. From where I sat, it didn’t look like much of an oasis, refuge, or anything more than a field filled with rocks. Then I sat up with a start. “Was there anyone with me or around me when you found me?”
“No,” she replied. “I was told I would find you here, and that’s what I did.”
“Hmm. And who told you that you would find me here?”
“Right now, I’m afraid that would be hard to explain. You really have no idea where you are or why you are here, do you?”
“Young lady, I have no idea where I am, why I’m here, who you are or if you are even real.
She chuckled, “We will leave the issue of ‘young lady’ for another time, and as for who I am, my name is Iolena Yaleria. I am to be your Guardian.”